Cutesy Spring Wreath

My front door has been bare for awhile.  Not exactly naked, (I do have some great numbers) but desperately in need of some type of decor.  You know, something to make it a little more inviting.  Spring is around the corner so I decided to come up with a project that had a floral theme.

I love the fabric flowers that are blooming everywhere on Pinterest in headbands and wreaths.  I had some extra fabric so I started rolling long strips into haphazard circles to resemble roses.

The great thing was that they didn’t need to be perfect.  I used a glue gun (burning my fingers every single time) to keep the flowers rolled up.

I used a foam wreath form from Hobby Lobby.

I had the great idea of cutting some canvassy looking fabric into strips to wrap around the body of the wreath.

It ended up resembling an Ace bandage.  Not the cutesy Spring look I had envisioned.  So I removed the mummylike wrap and started over.

Luckily, I had extra fabric that looked much better.

It was easy just cutting long strips of fabric and wrapping them around the wreath form slightly overlapping so none of the Styrofoam showed.

I attached a few pink and green fabric roses in various sizes to the right side of the wreath.  I liked it okay but it seemed a little off balance and heavy.

I ended up using the blue fabric from the wreath for flowers around the rest of the circle.  That way it brought more texture and balance to the wreath and still let the pink and green blooms stand out.  (Plus, all I had left was the blue so there you go.)

The finished wreath bathed in very bright sunlight.

It is a little cutesy from what I normally create but I’m kind of digging it.

My front door is no longer bare.  Welcome, Spring!

Do you have something fun for the Spring season on your front door?

Linking to these fun parties:
Frugal Girls
WhipperBerry
Funky Junk
Tatertots & Jello
Addicted 2 Decorating
French Country Cottage
Centsational Girl
Not Just a Housewife

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. POSY and CO. says:

It is adorable! I love it, love it, LOVE IT! Great job…Much love, Lisa

2. Katie @ My Darling Days says:

Super super cute! Love it and those color scheme you chose. Perfect for spring!

3. itsallaboute says:

awe I love this!! I am going to have to make it!

4. This is so cute. I wish I was creative enough to try doing something like this. Thanks for the tutorial.

5. Very pretty! Love the fabric!

6. Chrissy + Nate says:

Super cute! I'll have to make some spring-y rosette flowers like these to add to my foam burlap wreath in April! Thanks for sharing!

7. That wreath is just beautiful! Great colors and the rosettes are perfect!
    I would love for you to come by to link this up to my party happening now! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

8. I LOVE it! It looks great!!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

9. I love this! its so cute.

10. Laura from Top This Top That says:

this is so pretty ! i am including it in my weekly wow's tomorrow ( sunday) . Please stop by!
    laura

11. Shannon MadiganMade says:

I LOVE the mix of colors in this wreath! So, so pretty!

12. I love it! The fabric is so pretty and the colors go so well together! Your rolled flowers look awesome! I am a new follower. Love your blog!!

Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

13. Oh I love all the colors!! So pretty!
    I would love for you to share this at my "Unveil Your Genius" Link Party!

Happy Weekend!

14. Crafty Mischief says:

Darling wreath! I love the colors your chose!

15. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

This is fantastic!! I love all the rosettes and the color combo is perfect for spring. I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hope!

16. Is there a tutorial anywhere to make these rosette's? I've found felt flowers but I LOVE these! Thanks! Please someone message me at messijessimail@gmail.com

17. Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com says:

Love the wreath! The colors are so fun! Do you know what the fabric is?

18. The House at Bluebird Lane says:

The wreath looks fabulous! Love the colors! Perfect for Springtime.

19. Anonymous says:

This is really cute! I was wondering how to make the fabric flowers-I will try tonight with my hot glue gun! Thanks!

20. Lindsey {Simply Stylish} says:

This is adorable!!! I'm in the middle of a front porch makeover and the wreath is the next project!

21. Your rosette wreath is adorable! Following you from Kate's party-stop on by for a visit!

22. This is so cute. I love that it is filled in with the blue flowers on the other side. I just pinned it to my wreaths to make board. 🙂

Trackbacks

1. […] second project is the Cutesy Fabric Flower Wreath.  I started making this without a clear vision of what the finished design would even be.  Just a […]