I love the fabric flowers that are blooming everywhere on Pinterest in headbands and wreaths. I had some extra fabric so I started rolling long strips into haphazard circles to resemble roses.
The great thing was that they didn’t need to be perfect. I used a glue gun (burning my fingers every single time) to keep the flowers rolled up.
I used a foam wreath form from Hobby Lobby.
I had the great idea of cutting some canvassy looking fabric into strips to wrap around the body of the wreath.
It ended up resembling an Ace bandage. Not the cutesy Spring look I had envisioned. So I removed the mummylike wrap and started over.
Luckily, I had extra fabric that looked much better.
It was easy just cutting long strips of fabric and wrapping them around the wreath form slightly overlapping so none of the Styrofoam showed.
I attached a few pink and green fabric roses in various sizes to the right side of the wreath. I liked it okay but it seemed a little off balance and heavy.
I ended up using the blue fabric from the wreath for flowers around the rest of the circle. That way it brought more texture and balance to the wreath and still let the pink and green blooms stand out. (Plus, all I had left was the blue so there you go.)
The finished wreath bathed in very bright sunlight.
It is a little cutesy from what I normally create but I’m kind of digging it.
My front door is no longer bare. Welcome, Spring!